I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been asked for a “Netflix and relaxing” date. Don’t get me wrong; I don’t mind staying in and watching a movie, but sometimes you want to do something different. It’s time to move beyond the couch and try some date ideas that aren’t “Netflix and chill.”
As a result, resist the need to simply entice your date to sit on your couch with you (believe me, they’ll end up there if they like you). Instead, think of a creative way to spend time getting to know them. As a result, you’re probably looking for fun date ideas. This is a good one.
Things to do on a fun date
Now it’s time to put in some effort and be a little more inventive when planning a date. Some ideas to get you a second date are provided below.
- Rent-a-bike. Let’s rent some bikes and ride around the city together if it’s a great day out. If you’re feeling independent, the town will have a lot to offer in terms of sights and activities. While riding a bike, you’d be shocked at what you can see. Your date will be more engaged and interested in trying new things if you do this.
- Attraction. The kid’s rides are a safe bet if you discover your date is afraid of heights. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a date or not when you visit an amusement park. So what are you waiting for? Let’s go! Go all out with the cotton candy and the Ferris wheel. It’s also a great way to get your adrenaline and hormones pumping. It’s hard to think of a better date activity than that!
- Take a stroll with your cup of coffee. Dates throughout the fall and winter are ideal for this. With a cup of hot coffee or tea in hand, you’re both snug and warm. Falling leaves or Christmas decorations can be admired while strolling through a city center. To have a nice time on a date, you don’t have to spend a lot of money. Aren’t we all just here for the company?
- Festivals. Possibly a Jamaican food and Christmas celebration will be held in the area. Why don’t you give it a try? Attendees can stroll the stands, stop by food trucks, and enjoy live music. Attending this event for the first time will be an exciting and novel experience for both of you.
- Bowling. To be honest, bowling is not something I’d recommend doing on a date because it’s something I despise doing. Surprisingly, a large number of people enjoy going bowling. To me, it’s the fact that you can have intimate contact with your date without seeming like a creepy sleazebag. Whatever. If you and your date enjoy bowling, I strongly encourage you to give it a whirl at a bar or restaurant where alcohol is served.
- We’re going to a restaurant for dinner. As far as dates go, dinner is the obvious choice. However, it’s a good one to play around with. Try a fondue restaurant or a hot pot eatery instead. It’s not stuffy and stuffy, but it makes you interact more with your meal. As long as you’re having fun, you don’t care if you use the appropriate fork.
- Learning to cook. Taking a cooking class is an excellent alternative if you don’t want to cook a typical meal. Even if you and your date don’t get along and don’t go on another date, you’ll have learned something new to share with the next person you meet. See? Win-win!
- Burlesque shows. The finest thing to do on a date is to go on a scavenger hunt. I had the best date when we went to a burlesque show together. Your outlandish behavior might put off a more conservative date. Burlesque shows, on the other hand, are breathtakingly entertaining.
- Stargazing. This is a wonderful idea that I’ve tested. I think it’s a great idea. You should bring a bottle of wine with you so that you can enjoy the night sky with your companions. And who knows, you could even manage a quick kiss or two. On a date, this is one of the most romantic options.
- Visit a gallery or an art gallery. You probably don’t think about visiting a museum in your city. You live there, after all, so you should use the opportunity. To be honest, though, you’re not going to the museum just for the sake of going there. Take your date to see it for themselves and see if they agree. It’s even better if they’re creative. There aren’t many dates where you get to do something this mind-bending.
With these 10 date ideas, there’s no need to settle for a Netflix and relax. There is no longer any justification for your behavior. So, pick one of these suggestions and get started!
Similar articles you might like: How To Date Without Spending a Dime and Still Have a Fun Time, Ideas for a Fun and Relaxed Casual First Date, Fun Drinking Games For Two During Date Nights