10 Highs And Lows Of Dating A Person Who Is Smarter Than You
Dating a smart person can be both a blessing and a curse. When you’re in a relationship with someone who has a higher IQ than you, you get the benefits, but you also get the drawbacks.
Are you unsure if it’s a good or negative thing to have? When dating someone who is academically superior to you, consider the advantages and disadvantages of each situation before making a decision.
Let’s face it: Intelligence has become the new dating requirement. It’s no longer enough to be physically appealing. Conversation skills, depth of interest, and intellectual achievements are becoming increasingly important in determining whether a person is a good match for another person.
Getting a date with someone smarter than you can be easy, but do you really understand what you’re getting yourself into?
How do you tell whether your companion is smarter than you are? ‘
What makes a person smart? Is it because of their GPA? Why are they so good at solving problems so quickly and effectively? Or is it their in-depth familiarity with nerd culture that makes them so appealing?
A person’s IQ can’t be determined just by these factors. To prove your intelligence level, you must take a series of standardized exams and have a psychologist examine you.
How bright someone is depends on how much you know about them. You may learn a lot about a person’s intelligence by spending time with them as a child. The depth of a person’s intelligence can also be revealed by their academic accomplishments, published work, and real-world experience. A three-digit IQ in the genius range means that they are unquestionably more intelligent than the majority of people.
There will be no need to compare how much each of you knows if you and your spouse are on an equal intellectual footing. A person is only as brilliant as you make them out to be, regardless of whether or not they graduated Magna Cum Laude.
9 reasons why dating someone smarter than you has its advantages
Since intelligent people can help you become a better thinker, the positives outweigh the downsides in this situation. Think about the advantages of being in a relationship with someone who is intellectually superior to you.
1. They are more efficient in their problem-solving. When it comes to problem solving, they have an advantage that goes beyond their intellect. Your partner will take on the role of issue solver in your relationship if they are the more intelligent one. Despite the fact that it won’t always work, you can rest confident that they are armed with a wealth of expertise.
2. You can ask them anything, and they’ll usually always have a response for you. As if you were eating breakfast with a human Google search bar. In addition to possessing a large deal of knowledge, folks who are deemed intelligent put up more effort in communicating it to others. Any time they sense that their intelligence is being questioned, they will search through their archives of information to find an answer for any arbitrary inquiry.
3. It’s hard not to want to be smarter when they’re around. When a person competes with others, it’s human nature. To be on the same level as your spouse while you’re dating or in a long-term relationship is critical. Instead of resenting your partner’s brilliance, utilize it as a motivating factor to improve yourself in your chosen industry.
4. It is unlikely that you will ever use a calculator. The multiplication table is tattooed on the brains of smart individuals. Let’s confess that as grownups in a technological age, we have lost the ability to solve simple problems without the aid of cellphones. The square root of 144 is still known by certain people. If they don’t know the solution, they’ll try harder to find it in order to prove that they do.
5. Every day, you learn something new. Those that are intelligent have an unquenchable need to learn. If it is about a newly discovered quark, a drop in the financial market, or a strange inscription found in downtown’s restroom, there is always something to talk about. They are enthusiastic about learning new things, and they enjoy expressing their passion with someone they care about.
6. In theory, you’ll feel more secure in their presence. They are capable of devising ways to free you from a dangerous situation, such as a locked room, or of solving a mathematical problem that could save your life in an earthquake. On the go, they have the ability to come up with new ideas swiftly. In the event of a crisis, this is a quality that can come in helpful.
7. Your partner’s parents will adore you. If your boyfriend or girlfriend can recite Shakespeare’s Sonnet 14 or quote Stephen Hawking and critique his theories, it’s easy to overlook tattoos and body piercings.
8. One of your children will be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Intelligence may not be passed on directly from parents to children through the genes, but there is evidence that it can be fostered in the right circumstances. However, it’s fine to wish for the best!
9. The ability to brag. There you have it.
6 reason why dating someone who is smarter than you has its share of pitfalls.
In the best-case scenario, it’s possible to open a dam that has been shut down for years by dating someone who is educated. It’s not good for your relationship if you have a low tolerance for bothersome brilliant facts on a daily basis. Why is dating someone who is smarter than you a bad idea?
1. These people can be a pain. This is the most common gripe of those who date intellectually superior partners. As a result of their intelligence, some people have a tendency to be arrogant and self-righteous. Go ahead and get your daily dosage of existential love quarrels if you know how to deal with these types.
2. They have a reputation for being obnoxious. They are optimistic about everyone’s potential. They will almost always try to “motivate” you if they believe you are capable of doing better. As a result, it might feel suffocating, and it can also cause you to worry about disappointing your loved one.
3. When they’re in their own world, it’s easy for them to become disoriented. People who are very intelligent tend to get distracted more frequently. Communication may be hindered as a result of this. Despite what you think, they’re only thinking about something else..
4. Priorities sometimes get in the way of each other. Being smarter may indicate that your partner has a more mentally demanding work, even if you don’t discuss it. Because of this, they may become agitated and unresponsive to your commands. It’s important to understand why people feel the need to put in extra effort to show themselves.
5. For the wrong motives, you’re attempting to impress them. It’s like being in a relationship with a model. Despite the fact that they accepted you for who you are, you can’t help but wish you had more defined abs or a more stylish haircut. For some people, proving that they are just as educated as the person they’re dating is more important than remembering who they are.
6. If you think you’re smarter than they are, you are wrong. As I’ve previously stated, a person’s IQ cannot be simply determined. It’s common knowledge that the individual who has the correct answer is referred to as “clever.” Being right can be taken as a slight against your partner’s IQ if they are used to you knowing everything all the time. A loved one’s face after you’ve proved them wrong with Google is the worst feeling in the world.
Whether or whether your partner is intelligent, you will be spending a significant amount of time with them on a daily basis. When things go wrong, you have to be able to sympathize with them and assist them get over it. In a relationship, we all bring something unique and special to the table.
The highs and lows of dating someone who is brighter than you don’t mean that you should feel frightened or overconfident. No matter how much smarter your partner is, that doesn’t diminish your worth as a person or as a lover.