10 Foods To Avoid Before Sex
After your date asked you out for a third time, you’re thinking now is the best moment to go through with the plan. Tonight will finally be the night when he and I have sex in the bedroom. When he picks you up at the end of the night, he’ll surprise you by popping in for dinner at the restaurant you’ve been talking about, as well as a drink at your favorite coffee shop. Once this is done, all else will be history.
As soon as you’re dressed to the nines, you’re ready to hit the town. To prepare for your climactic sex act, you’ll need to eat dinner first. You should realize that some foods can have a negative effect on your mood in the bedroom before you ever begin to look at the menu.
Foods to avoid before a sexy frolic.
There are foods that can be anti-sex, just as there are aphrodisiac foods that can put you in the mood, from funking up your breath and your real estate down there to taking your libido six feet under. Before you order the meal that could make or break your sex life, be aware of the following foods to avoid.
1. Hot dogs. A hot dog’s shape can be arousing and titillating, but it’s not a surefire way to have a sexy time in bed. It’s no secret that the high saturated fat content of this festival favorite might clog penile and vaginal arteries, making you less ready for some heated flings.
2. French fries. Eating fried, salty meals such as french fries or other fast food is also a no-no if you want to have a romantic relationship. Male testosterone and blood flow are negatively affected by the trans-fat concentration in fries. In addition, men with high blood pressure may find it difficult to remain erect because of the high salt content.
3. Tofu. Women’s sex desire can be stifled if they eat too much tofu and other soy-based foods that contain plant-based phytoestrogen. If you’re craving Japanese food, skip the Agedashi Tofu the next time.
4. Oatmeal. A little bowl of oats may sufficient for an after-breakfast romp in the bedroom, but you should be careful not to overindulge. Eating a lot of oatmeal might have a negative impact on your sexual drive and make you feel bloated.
5. Broccoli. Bloating and broccoli go hand in hand, as you well know. Cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, two of its cruciferous cousins, should also be avoided. As a result of the complex carbohydrates in these foods, the body produces methane in order to process them. You don’t want to let out that methane in the heat of battle.
6. Red Meat. As long as you match it with an excellent bottle of wine, you’ll have a winning combination on your date. However, your sex life might not be as safe as you think. Eating a fatty, hearty piece of red meat might put your digestive system into overdrive as it works harder to break down the food. Your performance in the bedroom may suffer if you’re overly drowsy when the moment comes.
7. Mint. For your sex drive, having mint or peppermint can be just as demoralizing as having terrible breath. Menthol has been demonstrated to lower testosterone levels, thus your after-dinner mints are no longer considered aphrodisiacs by science.
8. Gum. As an after-meal breath freshener, chewing gum is popular among lovers to hide the odor of food they’ve just consumed. The air you consume while chewing may give you gas, which can ruin your mood even if it gives you kissable breath.
9. Black Licorice. Black licorice has been demonstrated to have a significant impact on the sex drive by altering hormone levels. Both sexes can benefit from this. However, licorice has an anti-aphrodisiac effect, so it’s best to hold off on the sex until you’ve eaten sufficient of it.
10. Cheese. Before having sex, it’s a good idea to steer clear of cheese, which is one of the most widely consumed food products and substances in existence. Dairy products can produce gas and bloating, so you might want to put off the cheeseburger and pizza till later.
Just before having sex, avoid eating any of the foods on this list, if possible. There’s no need to completely omit them from your diet. For those who are concerned about their overall health, moderation is essential when it comes to eating fatty, salty and processed foods.
While you’re out on a date, try any of the items on this list that are said to have aphrodisiac properties instead. Above all else, have fun and let the night carry you to new heights of pleasure. Enjoy!