Couples We Can All Learn From in 5 Modern Movies
Watching movies together is a popular date night activity. Even while most guys would avoid chick flicks, romance pictures, and tragedies, they may occasionally watch these films at the persuasion of their girlfriends. However, there’s a lot that movies about couples can teach men and women about the dynamics of a relationship in general.
Inspiring examples from well-known film couples
Movie couples may teach us a lot, but there aren’t many of them. List of movie couples that teach us lessons from love to loss to despair to moving on are below.
1. Noah and Allie (The Notebook, 2004). There’s no doubt that this by far is one of the most romantic movies ever filmed! The Notebook, a film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks’ novel, depicts the story of two teenagers who meet and fall in love. Noah and Allie rekindle their romance after being separated for long periods of time.
She selects Noah, despite the fact that Allie is already engaged to someone else. Allie develops dementia in her later years. To help Allie remember the life they once shared, Noah tells her a story from their past.
Lesson: Allie and Noah’s relationship has had its share of ups and downs, there’s no denying it. Consider the possibility that your parents dislike the man you’re seeing, but you opt to fight for your relationship because you care so much about him. And then one of you develops dementia before you can enjoy your happily ever after!
If you’re going through a rough period, love is there for you. Of course, patience, effort, and perhaps even a little bit of willpower are also required. Even if things don’t go according to plan, you may be able to persevere because of your desire to keep everything together.
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005). The Smiths, Mr. and Mrs. John, are your standard middle-class suburban couple. They appear to be the classic perfect couple: wealthy, attractive, and cultured. The dullness of their lives and a lack of communication have caused them some troubles as a pair.
Afterwards, it’s discovered that they’re both working for opposing assassination firms. Yikes! So they’ve been hired to kill each other, only to discover that they love each other more and must fend off dozens of other assassins in order to maintain their romance.
Lesson: “There’s this vast gulf between us, and it just keeps building up with everything we don’t say to each other,” Jane tells their marriage counselor. How do you know what it is? “Marriage,” their counselor replies.
Look, we’re all hiding something. However, having a partner who understands what you’re going through might make a big difference. The first time that John and Jane discover that they are both high-ranking assassins, they try to battle each other to the death. It’s this glimmer of hope that rekindles the passion between them.
Some partnerships could need a little zing, and what better way to inject some life into your relationship than to tell your mate everything you’ve been holding back?
3. Ellie and Carl (Up, 2009). In their youth, Carl and Ellie were inseparable. Ellie is more extroverted and adventurous, whereas Carl is more restrained and cautious. However, despite their differences, they are able to maintain their romance and eventually get married.
They’ve always dreamed of a trip to South America as a kid. They make the decision to save for this trip as adults. However, due to unforeseen costs, they were never able to embark on their journey of a lifetime. Ellie dies later in life, allowing Carl to embark on the journey of a lifetime with Ellie’s spirit by his side.
Lesson: Only a few minutes of their love story were featured in the film. Carl’s love for Ellie lingers on throughout the entire film, as he sets out on a journey to realize their dream. Ellie’s death broke my heart, and I’ll own it: I cried my eyes out.
Even if you’ve lost your companion, their narrative proves that they can live on in the things you do. Despite Carl’s best efforts, they were never able to travel to South America. Despite her death, he is determined to keep her memory alive through his actions. Truly, even death cannot separate you from such love. When you’re in love, you’ll do insane things even when you don’t have anyone to share it with, even if they’re no longer in your life.
4. Emma And Adam (No Strings Attached, 2011). Adam and Emma have a mutually beneficial friendship. There is nothing more to it than two people having sex with no strings attached. Slowly, however, they begin to develop feelings for one another. In fear of being harmed, Emma rejects Adam’s attempts to make their connection more than it is. They get into a fight and break their contract.
Emma eventually discovers that she has feelings for Adam. She is, in reality, infatuated with him. Emma confronts Adam to confess her love for him and her desire for their relationship to proceed in a bizarre chain of events that includes a wedding, a cough syrup overdose, and a passionate reconciliation. Adam is on board, and the two end up dating.
Lesson: It’s important to remember that not all sex buddy relationships lead to a romantic union. Do not expect too much, then. Then again, some people begin their relationship with sex and wind up being more than simply friends as a result of their encounters. Even if you try to fight it, romance can spring out in the most unexpected locations.
You should take a chance on those who are worth it, even if it means harming them. Unless you express yourself, you run the danger of losing them forever. When you don’t want your sex buddy to know that you’re in love with them, it’s simple to put on a brave face. Using it makes you appear more confident and in charge. Take a chance, however, if you believe there is more to your relationship than just sex.
5. Tom and Summer (500 Days of Summer, 2009). In spite of Tom’s claims that true love exists, Summer does not believe. They start off as friends, but their friendship develops into something more over time. Summer, on the other hand, insists that she isn’t searching for something serious. Tom, a hopeless romantic, determines that perhaps she will change her mind after all. She refuses to.
Despite his best efforts, Tom manages to push Summer away despite his best efforts to make their connection more than simply fantastic chats and sex. Tom is devastated when Summer suddenly vanishes from his life, and he makes the decision to devote himself only to his work as an architect. He later meets Summer, who is now married and living the good life. The truth of true love is what she tells Tom. She was able to locate it in another person. With that, she sends her best wishes for Tom’s well-being.
Lesson: It’s difficult to know where to begin while studying these two. Is or isn’t it relationship can get to the point where you can’t hide your feelings anymore. If they tell you that they aren’t ready for a relationship, take them at their word. No amount of emphasizing that you two are a couple will sway someone to reconsider their position.
When the person you care about doesn’t share your feelings, it’s devastating. This, however, should not be used against them. Walking away and putting more effort into your own personal development is the best way to avoid further harm. Someday, you’ll look back and realize that no matter how hard you try, you can’t force someone to love you.