HOW TO TELL IF YOU’RE ALREADY IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP
A fling might grow into something much more when you’ve been dating someone for a while and haven’t had “the conversation.” A surprising number of people find themselves in a long-term relationship with someone they just expected to see on the occasional basis instead.
Getting thrown into the dating pool, meeting a variety of individuals, and then falling in love with the same person repeatedly while turning down fewer and fewer other dates means you’ve already committed to a romantic partnership.
One of the best things about this is that it happens of its own volition. Since this is how most good relationships should develop, it’s a surprise when you discover that you’re actually in a committed relationship.
Signs that you’re already in a committed relationship
If you’ve been seeing someone for a long and are wondering if you’ve already entered into an exclusive relationship, this article is for you. You’re already in an exclusive relationship even though you haven’t had a DTR (define the relationship) discussion.
- You’re only seeing them. Exclusive translates as “one-of-a-kind.” An indication of an exclusive relationship is when you only see them and no one else, especially if you have no desire to see anybody else.
- Their focus is only to you. In other words, it’s a win-win situation. For it to be exclusive, you must be the only one who sees them. If you and your significant other only see each other and frequently go on dates, I would say you’re in an exclusive relationship.
- Both of you appear in your respective social media profile images. Even though something may seem insignificant in the larger scheme of things, take a moment to think about it. When it comes to your online persona, do you ever use a picture of you two together or simply the person you can barely see?
Honestly, no. Most of the time, your profile image is designated for those with a special place in your heart. And if it’s of you two, it’s a declaration of your undivided attention to the other person you’re seeing.
- They’re referred to as your “girlfriend” or “boyfriend” by the people close to you. People who care about you using terms like “boyfriend” or “girlfriend” without asking whether you’re sure they’re not joking is a sign of an exclusive relationship.
- They’ve gotten to know people that matter a lot to you. Having met your closest associates and relatives, it’s safe to assume that you’re already in an exclusive connection. To meet the people, you don’t just bring an irrelevant stranger around.
- You exchange gifts with your partner during special occasions like holidays and birthdays. It’s safe to assume that you’re in an exclusive relationship if you exchange holiday gifts with your significant other. Because let’s face it, they can’t afford to pay for everyone they meet. So you’re the only one they see and the other way around.
- You’ve given each other pet names that only the two of you know. “Baby,” nor am I referring to a “honey” here. No. I’m referring to pet names unique to the individual. It may be a loving moniker that they’ve acquired over time.
- They have a family, even if you’ve never met them. For those in a committed relationship, their spouse has most likely previously shared all of their family details with you, regardless of whether they’ve met them in person. You know, people don’t just spill the beans to anyone.
- You know all of their small habits. A day goes by without them having breakfast, and you know for sure. Even if you’ve tried, they’ll never be able to sleep with socks on. You’re familiar with their quirks and quirkier tendencies that only you are aware of. Your relationship is considered to be exclusive the moment this happens.
- On a date, you each pay your share. This is a significant sign that you’re genuinely in a relationship with someone vs. just dating them. The guy doesn’t always have to pay the expenses because you both take turns doing so. This is a long-term ritual for a committed pair than a one-night stand.
Although the line between dating and exclusivity can be fine, there are several ways to detect whether you’re already in an exclusive relationship, and they’re all outlined right here for you. Never again will you be baffled by the meaning of these indicators!.