THE GREAT GATSBY: IMPORTANT LESSONS ON LOVE AND LIFE
“The Great Gatsby” is a film classic because it depicts a tragic yet enthralling love story. One of the film’s most straightforward teachings was that love might either be a gorgeous nightmare or a pleasant dream. Love, if allowed to swallow one’s own existence, can be one’s greatest downfall, as seen in the film.
Daisy Buchanan, the love of Jay Gatsby’s life, was the driving force behind his entire existence. To win Daisy over, Gatsby constructed a life for her that he hoped would entice her to join him in the Great Beyond.. He threw costly get-togethers in the hopes that Daisy would show up so that their romance might resume where it left off. In literature, Jay Gatsby is a beloved figure because he symbolizes hope, resolute love, and the fact that you can’t always obtain what you want.
- Don’t give up on your goals. In order to win back Daisy Buchanan, Jay Gatsby was persistent in his pursuit of her. As a result, he built the life of his dreams along the road. This man maintained a lavish lifestyle, and hosted spectacular parties to bring in a wide variety of guests. By making a fortune selling illegal liquor, Gatsby was able to live the life he wanted. He aimed high and never settled for anything less than what he wanted.
It’s important to never give up on your goals, no matter how difficult it may seem. Even if your ambitions appear overwhelming at first, don’t give up. Life is too short to waste it! We’ve all heard that before, but it’s still true. Why settle for a dreary and dreary existence? Do not let anyone to stop you from achieving your lofty ambitions. You, too, can pursue the life you deserve with tenacity and tenacity, like Jay Gatsby did. Be proud of yourself for continuously reaching for more and aiming for better.
- Faà§ade is not a place to hide. In the future, everyone has a vision of what they want to be. It’s unhealthy to lie and hide behind a front, however. In the end, it is impossible to keep up with your lies, and the truth will eventually come out. The adage “what is done in the dark comes to light” is still valid. Gatsby hid behind a number of guises in order to appear wealthy and powerful. Until they learned the truth about him, no one could tell who he truly was by his outward appearance.
This can be difficult to keep up with because facades only last so long. The best course of action is to lead an authentic life. Your life should not be based solely on the opinions and impressions of those who are not close to you. Regardless of how you appear to others, there is no shame in enhancing the image you want the world to see. People won’t believe what you say if they think you’re a con artist. It’s critical to remember that making mistakes is completely normal. How you respond to adversity is what counts. Pleaser syndrome is a personality trait that manifests itself in a variety of ways.
3. Self-destruction can be the result of excessive greed. Jay Gatsby was born into a poor family, yet he always aspired to be better than he was. The fact that he was motivated by money ultimately contributed to his downfall. His desire to make Daisy fall in love with him and acknowledge that she never loved her husband in order to take her away with him was extreme, and he was unable to control himself from it. Furthermore, he was obsessed with the pursuit of money, power, and respect. As a result, his entire life was devoted to accumulating as much material wealth as possible in order to win Daisy’s affections.
Don’t let your insecurities cause you to succumb to the temptation of greed. Greed is a destructive habit that can detract from your overall well-being. Be thankful for your current possessions and be patient in the quest for the things you desire. You can’t fill a gap in your heart if you’re always thinking you need more. In the worst situation, greed might lead to your demise, as it did for Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby.
4. Let go of the past. Jay Gatsby was one of those guys who had a hard time letting go of the past. That’s how much he cared about Daisy and how much he wanted to recreate their relationship in the present. He’d been refusing to let go of his feelings for her for as long as he could remember. Instead, he made a series of opulent gestures in an attempt to win her back. But perhaps he would have been happier if he had moved on and stopped chasing the one that got away.
Remembering the past is a waste of time when the present and the future have so much more to give. Keep in mind how your prior experiences have formed and enriched your current self. You can get bogged down by the burdens of the past. Let go of the past and you’ll have a better and healthier life.
5. Love has the power to overcome any obstacle. Most of us will be in love at least twice in our lives. Early in life, some people have the good fortune to meet their soul mate. Among them was Jay Gatsby. As long as he could overcome love and pursue his one true love, he would do so. In the end, he realized that Daisy still loved him, and that she had never given up hope of seeing him again.
Simply said, the phrase “love conquers all” signifies that love triumphs over all odds. Stick with the person you care about through the highs and lows. Even if love isn’t always simple, it’s worth the effort when it’s truly meaningful. Distance, separation, and other hardships are no match for true love if you’re ready to put in the work. When all is said and done, love truly triumphs over all.
However, ‘The Great Gatsby’ isn’t your normal love story, where a boy and a girl meet, fall in love, and live happily ever after forever. Love and life lessons may be learned from it, and that’s something we can all need. Never lose up on your dreams, let go of the past, and be true to your genuine self are all critical.